About SRES® (Seniors Real Estate Specialist) Designation
The National Association of Realtors developed a unique council to address a growing need for 50+ specialization in real estate. The nationally recognized Senior Advantage Real Estate Council® (SAREC) developed standards and in 1998 Seniors Real Estate Specialist ® designation was officiated.
This specialized training is designed to address the special circumstances that arise for individuals at this life stage. It focuses on optimizing financial resources and unique resources for 50+ individuals.
What Qualities Make an SRES Different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgable about local senior housing options and elder support services
- Has a wide network of other senior focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Advantages of Working with an SRES® Specialty Broker
- SRES® designees help you make well informed financial decisions. They are the gatekeepers for knowledge about the uses, benefits & outcomes when it comes to pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
- SRES® designees are specially trained to help you systematically downsize. Their goal is to help you live the lifestyle you want.Your specialty real estate broker can offer you choices for reducing out of pocket expenses, gaining cash and reviewing options to create or defer income streams.
- SRES® designees can educate you about real options for your future. The last thing you want to worry about when making a major life transition is educating your representative about the “black-and-white” considerations. Their responsibility is to be well informed so that they can educate you.
- SRES® designees cultivate a network of professional resources for seniors.To demonstrate this commitment, Linda Archie co-founded Moving Seniors Forward, a Conejo Valley a senior network comprised of trusted & dedicated professionals offering quality services and products to enhance the lives of seniors and their families.
Specific Areas of SRES Specialty Training
- Real Estate Transactions involving Pensions, 401K, IRA & Roth IRA
- Down-to-Earth understanding of 50+ transitional considerations
- Remodeling for Accessibility & Independent Living
- Streamlining, Creating & Deferring Income Streams
- Cultivation of Solid Reliable Referrals for Specialization
- Transitions to Specialized Domiciles
- Selling Long Time Family Home
- Tax Implications & Capital Gains
- Buying Rental Properties